May makes it a year since I was able to see my nieces and nephew. Late April since I've hugged them actually, but I wasn't asked not to speak to them until May. I can hear them playing outside right now and it really makes me sad that they haven't been able to enjoy their new baby cousin and that she has not been able to laugh at their antics.
John turned 30 this week. He's been pretty upset about this birthday. It's like he thinks he's halfway to death or something. That's been interesting to deal with. Why do so many men have issues with the big-3-0? I don't get it and I'll be there myself before this year is out.
May also brought about the rebirth of something dear to me a few years ago and now it has cycled around and now is again at an end. I feel very sad and confused and tired. Perhaps I should have foreseen such a time might come having been through seasons past, but I shoved those thoughts out of my mind years ago and embraced the second wind. I guess it is time to let go....
On a brighter note May 2nd also marked the day a year ago that we first saw our sweet baby girl. She was just a little bean about 0.76cm long with a blinking, beating heart at 125 bpm. Look at her now! How amazing to think about life just beginning and how far it comes in one short year.
Here she is playing with her feet....one of her favorite things of late:


No comments:
Post a Comment