I went back to work today. Yes, I cried - several times. I only actually bawled when my mom picked her up though. The other times were just a few stray tears that I couldn't hold back. John made sure to be here this morning when mom picked her up and he bawled too. He feels like his spendy ways in the past are the main reason I have to work. While that may be true, it is not the only reason. We could afford for me to take several more weeks off, but busy tax season being upon us is the reason I had to go back this week.
I made it through today. I can't say it was very productive, but I made it through. I'm struggling with pumping and feel I'm not getting enough out, but I did pump a tad more than she drank from bottles today. We'll see how I feel on Friday after a week of this. I may feel better; I may be even more frustrated...Who knows?
Brooklynn did very well. She was good for my mom and my FIL - her "Pap." She is between the newborn diapers and size ones and so pretty much has leaks with either size. That has been fun. I nearly grabbed my sleeping girl out of my MIL's arms when I arrived to pick her up, pausing only to throw off my cold coat and gloves. Then I cried some more. Brooklynn was oblivious and stayed somewhere between sleep and wakefulness. She nursed off one side right there. She latched on like she missed the boob, but then ate rather lazily and wasn't interested in the other side until we got home.
Hope I make it through the week without a major break-down...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so proud of you! You are a great mom and I love you. I am glad thta if Brooklynn can't be with you all day she is bringing JOY to Mam & Pap! What a blessing for them.
Hey just wanted to say Hi and see how it went. It will get easier!! Be happy that you have family to leave her with while she is so little!!
take care!
Post a Comment