Monday, January 15, 2007

2 weeks left of maternity leave

Two weeks from today I go back to work. I'm so sad about having to go back so soon. I know it will be okay and that she'll be with her grandfather all day, but still it's hard to think about. I have not left her at all yet - not even for a quick trip to the store. I talked with my mom about her driving Brooklynn in the mornings, because she goes that way already. That would save me some travel time. If I do that, then Brooklynn needs to be ready to go at 6:30am. Then I would work from 7:30 - 4:00 and be back to my baby by 4:30pm. Ten hours of separation daily....it seems like so much.

I'm typing today with a front-pack on and Brooklynn is sleeping inside. I hope she likes this, because I want to be near her as much as possible during my hours at home when I start back to work. This allows me to get a few things done and still snuggle a little with my precious girl.

My DH is on his way home, so I'm going to go start dinner and try and think about happier things....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 1 Month Birthday, Brooklynn! I'm glad to read that all is going well, Krista. Sorry about going back to work so soon, but how great that Brooklynn's grandfather will be watching her - I'm sure all will go well. Thanks for continuing to update your site!