I went to the RE yesterday on cd3 for my baseline. I saw the older one again this time. Things were fine to proceed, but righty didn't look to have as many antral follies as she has had in the past cycles. The RE assured me that we have plenty of sperm for IUI to be successful. Alas, it hasn't been successful. This RE implied that we might want to move on to IVF after one more try. I told him that I didn't want to progress to IVF and that DH and I had agreed no more than 3 more tries with IUI. That includes this round.
The RE understood where we were coming from, though you could see he clearly still believed in the superiority of IVF in cases where several IUI's with successful ovulation had not worked. He upped my gonal-f dose for the first three days and I'll start those on Saturday. I started the femara last night. This stuff makes me hungry and fatter than normal. I don't like it at all. I've gained 4 pounds in a month of this and It's going to be a real struggle not to gain more yet, I'm sure.
I feel kind of defeated before we've even started. Maybe this cycle will be the last, success or not. I don't know. I'm just not feeling it. Pray that I can figure out what the best thing to do for our family is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment