My birthday was nice. I love my bag and Busy B was so sweet when she gave it to me. I got text messages, emails and facebook notes from so many people and it was lovely to get all those well wishes. It is interesting how adding things like texting and facebook to your life (which happened for me in 2009) has really increased my connections with people I might not get to see very often.
I'm throwing bunches of things together this week for B's birthday on Saturday. I still can't believe my baby is turning three. If you are coming over and she happens to call you jughead or ajax, please don't take offense and know that she has been watching "Old Yeller" and "Toby Tyler" too much. She may also sprinkle in some lines from the 90's remake of "The Little Rascals." She works lines from these movies into her regular conversation quite liberally and it really makes me laugh.
My dad's new job is going well and his mood has really lifted. The change is radical and very welcome. Rudy probably misses his companion being home most of the day, but he will adjust.
I made it to the Y three times last week. I went on Monday, but since it was just B and me, my walk only lasted 25 minutes. Better than nothing - I keep telling myself. We're headed there again tonight for B's swim lession. Afterwards, I promised her she could go into the playplace for a little bit. Then, we are off to Sam's for party supplies.
I got a pair of jeans at Kohl's on Friday with my Kohl's cash. They are the house brand - Sonoma and they were on power hour special for $12.99. I didn't have very high hopes for them, but I'm wearing them today and I really like them. They are the the darkest indigo rinse and the back pockets have these cute flaps with snaps. They also are supposed to have a secret slimming panel in the tummy. While I don't really notice that per se, I do notice the waist does not gap as much at the back - which is a problem for me and most curvy girls. My best jean deal still stands as the pair of American Eagle 77's for $9.99 on clearance at Marshall's, but this might just be next in line.
One of the guys at our office is very strange. He kind of sucks at his job and thus gets on my nerves, but that isn't why he's strange. He seems confused at times. He is married, has a child and supposedly has always liked women. He often acts quite contrary to that though. He notices women's hair and make-up and comments about it. He just noticed that I'm wearing mascara (which I usually don't wear to work, because it makes me rub my eyes too much). He asks who does your hair, or what process they used. It's like he's been reading cosmo or vogue or something. His walk is...different. He talks about his sex life, or lack thereof, though he is married. He shares too much information and shares it in a very strange manner. All of his siblings are gay (two brothers and one sister) so maybe it's just that their mannerisms have helped mold him. It seems like sometimes, he .... Oh I don't know what I'm trying to say. He's just different and it creeps me out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad your bday was so special. B calling people Jughead is the funniest thing I have ever heard of! Too funny!
Post a Comment