Alright folks. Here it is. I'm once again at the upper end of my weight range and I don't want to be here. I know I've said this at least 1800 times on this blog. Most of those times, I've lost 5 or 10 pounds and then just let the issue go. I just don't want to go in for a fertility workup with out losing at least 20 pounds first. I don't want them to say "Gee you weigh as much as you did at 9 months pregnant." Yeah. I know that. Even though I only gained a net of 7 pounds with my pregnancy, that still stings. My two main issues are my hatred of working out and portion control. I usually pick decent foods (though I do have a weakness for pizza, french fries and ice cream) but I just eat more than my body needs.
I've done weight watchers before and been successful at losing these 40 extra pounds. I don't know if I'm going to do that now or not. What I do know is that I have to start somewhere and this week is as good as any. So my action items for the month of December are to: 1) eat out less 2) go to the YMCA at least 3 times a week and do cardio of some kind and 3) to drink more water. I know these small changes likely won't drop too much weight, but I also know that I feel better when I do them. If I feel better, I think I can get myself motivated to do more.
To help with item 2 above, we enrolled Busy B in private swim lessons. That means that she'll be in the pool with the instructor for at least 30 minutes twice a week. Parents just need to stay in the building and tell the front desk where they are going to be. So I can at the very least walk on the treadmill or do the elliptical for those 30 minutes. Then I only have to go out of my way to get there at least one more day each week. I've already been there twice this week, so its a start....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Good for you! I am also trying to amp up my activity. I have decided to dance along with Yo Gabba Gabba. The kids think it's great and I get several mini workouts through out the day.
You can do it Kris :) I know you can. Yes, it will be hard finding time. I am there with you! I am so glad I found Zumba, b/c I feel better when I get exercise and it also gives me some "away" time by myself. It has helped me get back in shape after having Dominic too. Hope B likes her swim lessons. We have really wanted to start this with Bryson, but havn't yet.
Good luck! I think the key is finding a workout that you enjoy. Even if they weight doesn't drop you will feel better and be healthier. I hope B enjoys the swim lessons - I keep meaning to sign Matthew & Scarlett up for them!
Post a Comment