My body is aching. We found mold from a past pipe leak at my in-laws house. So the last two weeks have involved some serious cleaning and moving furniture…etc. I was sick for a week after Christmas too, which may have been mold related. This weekend Stan and Jerry laid ceramic tile in that room, as the carpet had mold damage, on Saturday. Yesterday, I filled in the grout and then did most of the 5 successive wipe-downs to remove the excess grout from the tiles. I hurt in places I didn’t know I had. The tile looks good though, and by doing the labor ourselves, we saved a lot of money. Tile will work better for the dining area anyways, since my Busy B loves to throw food on the floor, and no dogs reside at my in laws to eat it up.
Brooklynn is doing so many cute things of late. She babbles up a storm, though mostly just gibberish. Words she uses on a regular basis are: Mama, Dada, hello, bye, mamaw, papaw and woof-woof. She also says “buh” which either means boob or cup; basically she wants a drink. She’ll say “moo” if you ask her what a cow says. She is working on quack-quack for the duck. She does this thing where she says something that really sounds like “What’s that?” and she says it a lot. She picks up her baby doll and rocks her back and forth sometimes. And her newest trick is hide and seek. She hides behind something, and when you call for her, she pops out and giggles. It really is too cute.
I had Brooklynn on my bed last night while I was painfully getting undressed. She was sitting smack in the middle of the bed, and we have been teaching her to get down from things (beds, chairs, couches…etc) feet first. All of a sudden she began a tumble and roll maneuver and she toppled off the other side of the bed before I could reach her. She bumped her head and cried for a few moments. No marks were left and she was fine within in minutes, but I about had a heart attack and of course feel stupid for letting her be up there while I was not physically on the bed with her. My reflexes suck, so I need to be more careful. Please don’t call children’s services on me.
We had 1 year pictures done on Saturday. She was not all cooperative, though in a good mood the entire time. She just kept getting up and running off the set to play with the props in the room. Thankfully, the photographer was great and snapped quite a few good shots in the split seconds that Brooklynn was still. They also did a wonderful job of cropping and airbrushing out my arms that you’ll see in the proofs below. The printed portraits turned out beautifully. Some of the proofs are hysterical, as Busy B was having a great time. Here are some of my favorites from the 64 proofs.








Below is where she had just said “Whassat?”





2 comments:
She is a real cutie!
Thanks Kaci! How are your two kiddos?
Post a Comment