Monday, October 08, 2007

Taking the leap

I'm doing it. I'm going to attempt pumping just twice a workday, beginning today. The last 3 weeks I have been making my pump times for my 3 pumpings shorter, but today I'm going to do my best to actually phase out a pumping.

Brooklynn will be 10 months old this coming Friday. She has had breastmilk up through now (no formula and no cow's whole milk). I still have some in the freezer, which should last me at least 2 weeks, but I'm hoping to get it to last 4 weeks and then start adding in whole milk.

I still want to nurse, I just don't want to pump anymore. I'm getting so little when I pump these days that it is just plain frustrating. I hope and pray that I don't dry up as a result of phasing out these pumpings. My bad side is nearly dried up now and I get less than half an ounce from it each pumping. I'm weaning off my pump very slowly as doing so is supposed to be better for moms continuing to nurse part-time. We'll see what happens.

No AF yet, but still feeling all the signs, particularly yesterday. I suppose I could also be trying to lay an egg and that is what is causing the aches and twinges. Or perhaps I might have a cyst? Who knows. The only thing to do right now is wait, I suppose.

My cousin got married over the weekend. I saw a friend of the family who had a baby in April and she told me that she just found out she is pregnant again. Her SIL was there as well and her son just turned 1 in August and she was visibly well into her second trimester, if not third. I was completely floored. I just cannot even imagine. I know some people like their children super close together. I myself would not choose it, if it were up to me alone. Not having periods yet really makes it hard to imagine TTCing again though.

I just have to mention Brooklynn's new feat before signing off. She now does "Touchdown!" She holds both arms straight up in the air and usually makes a #1 with one hand. John and his dad taught her that one. It's so cute!

1 comment:

nancy said...

The "touchdown" thing is so cute! Oh, and her pictures - ADORABLE! Simply adorable.

Having babies close together. Hrm. You know my feelings on it - I was pregnant when Ella was 6 months old.

How lucky you don't have your period yet. I breastfed both my girls for 1 year each and the earliest I got mine back was 5 weeks post partum.