Friday, January 06, 2012
Upping the Anty
Okay so Femara is actually a drug used for breast cancer patients. Fertility use if off-label so to speak. It suppresses estrogen from what I understand and works similarly, but differently from clomid. I'll be taking this from days 3-7.
Follistim (or Gonal-F) are injected gonadatropins that stimilate the ovaries. These drugs are like hitting the gas if likening ovulation induction to a car. These are the drugs that generally are involved in cases of HOM (high order multiples AKA 4+). With that said many people use these and successfully have just singletons or twins too. Its not like HOM are a given. I'll be injecting this from days 7-11. On or around day 12 I'll have an ultrasound to check the progress of follicle growth.
I'm terrified because we just upped the risk factors and the money. I'm hopeful because maybe this is what my body needs to make another baby. I'm anxious because it will be that much more devastating if it fails. I'm not going to be able to do this much longer. The finances are limited and the stress is overwhelming.
Its hard to hear of another loved one having basically three babies in three years when we can't seem to make one. I admit I had to leave the office to go cry in my car. I do also understand even more clearly though that B is a miracle. I love her so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ok so explain what that means to us dummies!
Post a Comment