Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stimming

Well my cycle was all jacked up. TMI warning: I bled for a few hours on Thursday the 5th and then it stopped. I bled for about an hour on Friday and then it stopped. Saturday I had some light spotting and then Sunday was the first day of full on sustained flow, which lasted barely two days. So the nurse and RE said to count Sunday as cd1, not Thursday. Totally whacked out.

Anywho I started Femara on Tuesday night. I've had 4 of the 5 doses now and my ovaries are singing to me already. Even Lefty and she hasn't done much the last treatment cycles. Tonight I start stimming (giving myself the gonadatropin injections). Next Thursday I go for the follicle check ultrasound to see how things are looking with my follies and my lining.

The hitch in the giddy up is that John has to go to Chicago for two days the week following, so we really need to have the IUI by day 18 - the 25th - as he leaves that afternoon and we don't want to miss this. Yes, we could freeze some, but thawing tends to send the numbers down from fresh and we really can't afford to lose any motile swimmers. Pray that we can make this happen by CD 18. By the feel of it, I'm growing something already, but that can be deceiving.

I don't think we'll continue treatment past June, so these months are our last ditch efforts. Cross your fingers.

2 comments:

Annette said...

I got all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Anonymous said...

We have all our parts crossed here in NC! I was on Femara for a year to keep me in menopause because of my endo. Nasty drug made me gain 30# (me!) glad you only have to take it a couple days and probably a lower dose.

Here is hoping for lots of little perfect follies and a successful pregnancy!!!

xoxo
Jen & the Crew