Those three eggs down there? They were duds. Mama Robin stopped tending to her nest and has not returned. I feel her pain.
Trying to explain this to B has been difficult. It makes me dread the conversation we'll probably have some years down the road where she'll ask me why we never had any more kids or why we waited so long to have another.
Life lessons like this are hard to wrap your mind around. It has been especially difficult to balance a fine line because the dud egg realization happened in the same week that her fish of 2 years died. All the while, her Mam is still in the hospital and she does not understand that either. I try to tell her her fish was sick and tired and old, but had lived a happy life and it was time for him to go. She sees that Mam is sick and tired and old...which leads to tears and worry for my tender-hearted 4 1/2 year old.
My heart hurts because I can't protect her from everything.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hugs for you both!!! Missing you!!! Hope we can get together soon!
A friend of mine is expecting after losing a baby two years ago. Her oldest wrote a letter to Joshua asking him to pray that the baby didn't die this time. Luckily she told me what it said first and I asked her to intercept it. Not ready to let my kids know that that kind of stuff happens,either. And honestly I was frustrated at her for telling her son so early this time,after he was so upset about her last miscarriage. But that is her choice, not mine.
Hugs to you, B, and Mam!
Post a Comment