A representation of a real conversation with B the other night:
B - "MOM! Can I have some sugar?" pause "Please."
Me - no response as I try to figure out what she is up to.
B - "MOM! Can I PLEASE have some sugar?"
Me - "Why do you want sugar?"
B - "Well because bugs like sugar and I need to catch some for school, so I want to put sugar on the driveway to catch the bugs."
Me - "uh well...uh..." I'm stalling because I'm in the middle of trying to cook. My eyes land on a piece of half eaten toast on a plate on the table. "Why don't you take that piece of toast right there? Ants love toast."
B - "Really? Do ants REALLY like toast?" She's giving me the look of a skeptic. I know it well.
Me - "Yes. They do. AND because it is half-eaten, they will know it is good toast and want it even more."
B - She eyeballs me doubtfully, but she takes the toast out the door and yells "Thanks!" on her way out.
So was that a mom Win or Fail?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Win! :O)
Jen
Post a Comment