Busy B started preschool today. It is her first time being outside the care of family members, and I'm a bit nervous. She has been rather hot/cold about starting school - wavering from excited to refusing to go. Last night she told me to call and leave a message that she wasn't coming, but this morning she got up and was excited and ready to go.
She picked out her outfit and backpack herself. The only thing I had to push was her shoes. She wanted to wear sandals, but the school had asked kids to wear closed toe shoes for safety in the outside play areas. They also need to wear socks in order to use the indoor playland onsite. She chose to wear two "whole" pig tails and not just two little ones. She is wearing a necklace of mine too, to make her feel special and to reassure her that Pap will be there to pick her up at 11:30.
Not a tear was shed - by her or by me. I hope her day continues that way. I'm proud of my little girl. She's growing up. I hope she has a great day, full of fun and making friends. I hope this experience helps her learn to share and thrive under a group environment.
She's one of just two "only child" kids in the class, so I'm glad I won't be picking her up and dropping her off on a regular basis. Seeing all the babies would be hard at times. We'll make it though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Cute! I love first day of school pics. Pre-school has been wonderful for my girls - hope it is just as great for B!
Post a Comment