Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Good Sport

We had promised Busy B that we'd take her to the jumpy place after dinner last night. We go to the arcade and moved to the jumpy room and found it was reserved for a private party. Oops. Thankfully the rain had stopped and there was a mini golf course right behind the arcade. We asked her if she wanted to try that instead and she agreed (a relief).

So out we went to the water logged course. We decided it was easier to just let B play each hole through before we had our turns. That meant her ball was always first in each hole. We must have been on the third hole when it happened. She got her ball in the hole and she giggled and shouted "I win - you suck!" It surprised me. I told her that was not being a good sport and her response was "Yes it was - I winned!"

I nearly peed myself trying not to laugh. John was laughing. You can't argue with her logic that she was good at sports since she won. I had to compromise and tell her that she could only say that to us and the boys (cousins) but she could absolutely NOT say that at school.

Lord only knows what that child will say at preschool. She starts tomorrow!

3 comments:

Annette said...

I just love it when things like that come out of my kids mouths. You don't know whether to laugh or yell.

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!! Sounds like a future dog handler! lol

Jen

Anonymous said...

ROTFL!!! Sounds like a future dog handler! lol

Jen