Monday, April 05, 2010

Fertility Bits and Pieces

This Easter weekend had some odds and ends that I just need to spill.

- I bought new Britax Frontier car seats. My mom asked if I was going to donate the Evenflo Triumphs. I had to remind her that the Frontiers are not able to be used rear-facing and then things just got uncomfortable for both of us.

- We went to my parent's church on Easter to hear him play the drums in the worship service. One of the testimonies given was about facing infertility around 15 years ago. While I might have been able to glean something from that, I couldn't. It was shared by the couple who went out of her way to tell SIL that B had been born -thus all hell breaking lose for my poor mom again. I didn't want to empathize with them.

- As we were talking with a guy who was a close friend of mine when I was a teenager, I learned they were expecting after being told that they had less than a two percent chance of conceiving again. They have a bio kid who is about 5, maybe 6, then they adopted a boy a few years ago. Now they are expecting. You could see that he was very surprised, happy and yet uncomfortable with the prospect of having another too. It is hard sometimes to hear about pregnancies when they aren't utterly overjoyed, even though I know that his feelings are understandable and normal.

- As B and I watched "Up" last night, she asked me why Ellie was sad. I had to explain it was becuse she didn't have a baby in her belly. You could tell she didn't understand. I am glad she let it drop.

- I think of Easter as a time to celebrate life, at least in part. I had a harder time with that this year than ever before.

No comments: