Monday, March 15, 2010

CD 1

After 44 days, it is finally CD 1 again. I believe I had a cyst (I have had a few others in the past.) I had pressure, frequent urination, and TMI uncomfortable intercourse for about 3 weeks duration on top of the longer cycle. I was going to call my doc this morning, but lo and behold, here is AF this morning and the other symptoms have subsided.

So here we are. I'm going to try one more thing -something I have been ignoring, depsite my admission it exists and could be an issue - my weight. I have admitted my weight is back up at my upper limit. I've whittled it down 5 - 6 pounds and then gone right back up at least..oh 6 times in the last 18 months. I haven't really done anything about it, and I have tried to rationalize why it isn't my weight that is keeping me from getting pregnant. It might not be, but it just might be too. Fat messes with your hormones. I shouldn't ignore it.

I don't want to go to the doc and hear her say, why don't you lose 25 pounds and then come back for evaluation and fertility treatment. Maybe that is why I keep putting it off. I say work schedules. I say money, but those pounds are always nagging at the back of my mind. It is spring. It is time to get moving. It is time to eat the fresh produce cropping up. It is time to take action.

I'm going to work at losing weight for 2 months. Then I'm going to get a full physical. Assuming nothing with that is alarming, I'm going to schedule an appointment with a GYN and start the fertility treatment ball rolling while continuing to work at the weight. That is the new plan. Hold me to it.

2 comments:

Cortney @ evanhaslanded.com said...

Good luck girl!! Losing the extra weight will make you feel better too! You need to take care of yourself first and foremost - before work, kids, husband or any other distractions life throws at you!

jenny from mommin' it up said...

go get 'em Tiger! You can dooooo it!