Monday, December 03, 2007

Just under 77 hours left

Well folks, I have less than 77 hours left to revel in my 20's. I really don't care at all about turning 30. To me, it's only a number. I do however take offense at a 18 year old thinking there is no way she and I could have had the same 2nd grade teacher. I don't look that old, do I?

I'm on pins and needles right now folks because it is 8:20 and my daughter is asleep. She is asleep, and I'm not touching her. She is asleep and we aren't in the same room. Experience tells me it won't last, but while it does, I will take the time to blog. Nevermind the dishes, laundry, bills, and pump parts to get ready for tomorrow. Nancy tells me I need to blog more and she is right, so I will savor the moment and blog away.

Brooklynn's new favorite thing is walking while carrying things with both hands. She prefers to carry big things. Boxes, my purse, John's lunch cooler, and the most favorite of all - the dishwasher's silverware basket. She carries them around shouting out so we take notice of her. The dogs don't like this new activity much and stay out of her range. They did enjoy the green beans and grilled chicken chunks that Brooklynn launched off her high chair tray for them this evening though. It is hard to scold her because she is so very proud of herself.

I had a bad dream last night. AF still has not paid me a visit thanks to lactation and I'm quite paranoid that she will catch me unawares. I've never had the bad experience of bleeding through my clothes, but I'm terrified of it happening. So my dream last night involved that happening during the middle of Brooklynn's birthday party. I have put period supplies in my purse, in my pump bag, in the console of my car, under the sink at work, and in my computer bag in hopes that I'll be ready when the witch strikes.

In other news, I'm about to lose my private office. A new woman has been hired and she'll start next week and they want her to move in to my office with me (which really is set up for 2 people). So now I have to train her on the computer software we use, get used to having another person in with me, and find another place to pump while I'm still doing that. Sucks. I hope she and I get along, or else this could really lead to me dreading going to work.

It is now 8:35 and my "Busy B" is still asleep. My laptop battery is telling me that it is time to give up the blog though. I'll try to post some pictures tomorrow or Wednesday.

No comments: