Monday, November 05, 2007

She's growing up

I just thought of something. Other than when I go to work, I have only been apart from Brooklynn 5 times since her birth. Three times I was with John – twice for a date and once to go shopping for our floors. Two times I just went to the grocery store (TMI….and then dropped my groceries off at home, snuck in a quickie and then went back to get B at my parent’s house). I just really hate to leave her for anything other than work, since work takes me away often enough.

Brooklynn is taking more steps, more frequently now but she still is not really walking by my definition. She has terrible balance like I do. She gets in about 6 steps before plopping down to her butt. She has begun walking out in the middle of nowhere though – she just stands up and takes some steps out into the room. Previously her steps have been from object/person to person/object. She still crawls at lightning speed and gets into all sorts of things. We need to get a baby gate installed to keep her out of the bathroom and bedrooms. We’ve got the gates, we just need to put them up. I admit I just installed the spring latches on the kitchen cabinet drawers over the weekend. I’m so behind on some of these tasks.

It has been one week since she has been in her “Big Girl” car seat, though she is still rear-facing of course. She might not even be 20 pounds when she turns one, so she can turn around. I’m in no terrible rush to turn her around in our vehicles, but rear-facing is a super tight fit in my in-laws town and country because of how far back John’s mom needs to sit. I put a Graco Comfort Sport in their vehicle and we have an Evenflo Triumph in mine and in my mom’s. I still need to buy another car seat for our Jeep that John drives. I haven’t decided which seat I’m going to purchase. I’ve looked at the new baby bargains reviews, online reviews and consumer reports. Consumer reports didn’t have many models in their most recent test, so it wasn’t very helpful.

Brooklynn is doing so many cute things these days. If you tell her no, or someone else no, she often wags her little pointer finger. She got that one from my MIL who wags that finger and tells B “No, no, no.” about fifty times a day. She calls to the dogs “Ooof, ooof” she says. She also has recently verbalized a version of “Please” when she wants something. It sounds more like “Pssst” and she usually accompanies it with an outstretched hand. It is so adorable! I cannot believe my baby girl is growing into a toddler so fast. She also tugs up or down on my shirt and whines “mum-mum, mum-mum” when she wants to nurse, be it ever so briefly with her love of acrobatic nursing. Nursing while she is standing has become a new favorite position.

Speaking of nursing, the decline in the yield due to decreased pumping frequency did arrive. I think we might be at the point where she’ll need some extra milk in a sippy cup even when I’m home. I’m just not making that much milk anymore. I may be dropping off another pumping session sooner this month than I originally thought. It’s just getting to be pointless since the amount is so small. Nevertheless, she will have made it to 11 months without formula or adding in whole milk. While I’d love to extend her nursing until after cold and flu season is over, if I dry up once I stop pumping, I dry up.

On other fronts, I was peed on for the first time the other week. B had pooped (it was a bad one) and after cleaning her up, I decided to take her on into the bathroom for a bath. I picked her up and started to head into the bathroom and found myself feeling warm and damp. I looked down and I was soaked in pee. My shirt, bra and pants were all quite wet. I put her in the tub and had John come supervise her so I could change and get the pee-pee clothes in the washer. He thought it was hysterical, of course.

Halloween pictures are below for your viewing pleasure:

halloween 013

halloween 010

halloween 006

No comments: