Friday, August 10, 2007

updates and a few pics

I just have a moment, but I do have some news….

Brooklynn crawled on all fours last night. I missed it, but my mom saw it. I was helping John put in a new kitchen sink (we had a leak). I told my mom I feel like we are building a new house one piece at a time.

My grandmother was moved to a step-down unit (advanced care) and is no longer in ICU. She’ll be needing home hospice care most likely, but they do think she’ll be released from the hospital within a week or so. Thanks to all of you who have asked.

I have agreed to open the lines of communication with my brother and his family again. John will not be participating. Sometime soon, Brooklynn and I will meet them and my parents at a neutral location like a park or play place for short time to test the waters. I understand why John feels as he does, and I have concerns about this as well. I don’t begin to believe that this is all over and that things will be hunky-dory from here on out. I am, however, sick and tired of all of the stress and dissention every time there is a family function and we have to schedule our visits with family to miss theirs. I miss the kids. My heart longs for them to spend time with Brooklynn. My youngest niece doesn’t even know who I am. I’m willing to try this for now and see how it goes to be able to see them, at least once in a while.

Now for a few quick pictures for a Foto Friday…

Sharing bath time with her friend – Ellie:

100_2421[1]


My friend Jennifer was determined to let Brooklynn have a taste of popsicle to help soothe her gums and beat the heat. She also played in the water at the end of the slip and slide that day.

100_2418[1]


Brooklynn and I on her first big trip to help our good friends move:

100_2403[1]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's adorable!! Can't believe she is crawling - what a big girl! I'm happy to hear all is well with you guys. Good luck on the reconciliation with SIL.

I have to send you an email with our updates - my website stinks - no point even looking at it :)

Kaci said...

She's such a cutie! Hope things go well with your SIL :)

(nokitty00 from webmd)