So last night we had to call poison control. Well maybe we didn’t have to, but it made us feel better.
Brooklynn is crawling at lightning speed and cruising around furniture after she pulls herself up on it. She can also pull up on a flat vertical surface like a wall or door. She is fast and now pretty much has to be watched every second. I know many of you moms are right there with me. We still don’t have the trim around the doors put up. John is watching TV and I’m washing pump parts in the kitchen. Brooklynn was playing on the floor right in the middle of the room John is in, between him and the TV. Next thing I know I peek in there and she has some fiberglass insulation (the pink fluffy stuff) in her hands and is going straight for her mouth with it. She had pulled it out from the small gap in the door jam that normally be covered with the trim.
She got it to her mouth, but we don’t think she actually ingested any of it. She did make these funny lip smacking sounds with an odd expression though, so we called poison control. They told us to give her water and watch her carefully and they’d call us back in an hour. At one hour later she had no signs of an allergic reaction or other issue.
TMI note: The show John was watching was on Showtime and so at times has gratuitous flashes of boobs. I’m sure that was what was holding his attention so deeply. I guess my less than fabulous nursing boobs are boring him, and now these little bitty, perky boob images on the screen are quite interesting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment