Can you believe that a year ago today my body actually leggo an eggo on cd 25 and lo and behold a sperm found it? Two tiny cells married and began the intricate process of building a whole new person. This very day a year ago my sweet Brooklynn's life began. How amazing is that? I'm in awe of her each and every day and I cannot imagine life without her just a few short months after her birth.
Right now Brooklynn is asleep on my lap with her head resting on my breast as she has just finished a meal. Her sweetness is intoxicating and I treasure these quiet moments during and after nursing. I study each feature of her beautiful face like she is a piece of fine art. Her long, dark lashes, her delicately arched brows, her flawless complexion, her pouty little lips and that adorable button nose....How can it be that a year ago she was not much more than a few cells and a longing in her mother's heart?
I am truly blessed. The stresses of life and the other unpleasantries I face daily all seem to fade in the light of my daughter's smile. Thankful cannot begin to describe how I feel. I'll cherish every minute and hope that all those women who have supported me on my journey to motherhood will get to have their own taste of it.
Wednesday, March 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment