Saturday, March 31, 2012

Period

The red showed up as I was walking around a children's museum surrounded by families and seemingly abnormally high quantities of pregnant women. I expected nothing positive would happen on it's own, but we did try conventionally as the doctor said I was likely to release an egg or two with all of those cysts. It's not uncommon to get pregnant during such a cycle...but once again, not for me.

I've been riding this TTC Rollercoaster a long time. It has become a very familiar experience to roll towards the gates with the brakes clicking, wheels screeching and the car shuddering as it slows to a stop. I’ve been here so many times, riding continuously for close to 4 years now attempting to grow our little family.

This time, as the safety harness releases, I look to my left. I look to my right. I am no longer exhilarated from this ride or even its potential. I am stressed. I am weary. I think it's time. I finally make the decision. I take a deep breath, and lift off the restraints. I stand up on shaky legs. This time I get off the damn ride and walk away – for good.

I won't say never, but I think I may just be done with this blog too. 6 years nearly to the day after it started.

4 comments:

Annette said...

Hugs to you.

jenny from mommin' it up said...

so sorry friend! I am still praying that you will get the desire of your heart.

Annie said...

I'm so sorry, Krista. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts.

Rhonda said...

You are a very brave lady and I treasure all the lessons you don't even know you have taught me. Thank you, my friend.