I've always been a stay-cation kind of a girl. I like to be at home, or rather I love time to relax at home. With our current living arrangements, that isn't as easy as it sounds though. John has always been more drawn to travel than I. He does not worry about packing, he does not fret about what the house looks like before we go. He does not stress (aka hyperventilate) about our leaving our pets or prepare for their safety and comfort while we are away. We all know that leaving for vacation is the farthest thing from relaxing. Never-the-less...
Next Friday night we are leaving town for a week. We are headed to the beach to stay at a condo a friend generously offered up. A sixth floor condo with a balcony over looking the Atlantic - for free! Can you believe it?
I'm so nervous about all our family pets while we are gone - especially Gwennie who is back up to her escape artist ways - but we need to get out of here. We need some time to just be a family of three (not 6). We need to just be together, away from the pressures of a multi-generational home and away from the stresses of work. I need to speak freely. I need to step away from care-giving demands...I need to breathe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You guys deserve this! Have a safe trip and most importantly...relax and have fun! :)
Post a Comment