Monday, June 13, 2011

Escape

Sunday morning I woke late, thankful for the extra sleep. I walked down the hallway headed for the stairs and had to go back and look and see if I saw what I thought I saw. Surely my mind had been playing tricks on me. I went back and sure enough, the rabbit's cage door was wide open. Yet, that silly rabbit sat there in her cage eating her breakfast. I stared in disbelief. Later I found pellets in several places through the room, but no evidence that she had wandered farther than that, and no pee spots either. That is is pretty insane. What a bullet I dodged on that one. I must not have latched it quite properly the night before and that rabbit had 9 hours to explore, yet remained safe the whole time.

Three healthy baby girls were born within three days. I've talked to two sets of parents of the three. It went fine. The task I do want to escape though - going through all of B's baby/toddler clothes to find the items that need returned to good friends who gave them to us, thinking their baby days were over. I wish the baby had been a boy.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hello! I know you don't know me, but we've got something in common. I got your blog address off the Stirrup Queen's blogroll and was wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me help a couple who is trying to add a little one to their family. We're holding a silent auction for them this weekend (Friday and Saturday) on goteamwitt.blogspot.com and need help getting the word out! We would love it if you would spread the word via social media or here on your blog. Additionally, we are always looking for more donations to auction off, so if you or someone you know might be interested in making a donation, all the information is under the donate tab. If you have any questions or would be willing to post a pre-written blog post about the auction and the sponsored couple, please contact Kristin at goteamwitt@gmail.com Thanks in advance for taking the time to consider this!