Sunday, May 23, 2010
Strawberries!
We picked 16 quarts (4 buckets) of beautiful, delicious strawberries at Fulton Farms yesterday. My mom went with us and we had a great time. I remember doing that with my family growing up, and now we are passing on the tradition to Brooklynn.
We also tried something new - making strawberry jam. The first two batches were a work in progress, but the last 3 were delicious. I think we had 27 half-pint jars when we finished. We'll have southern style strawberry shortcake today. We made 100% fruit popsicles. I think we are going to freeze some more strawberry puree in ice cube trays for later. Strawberry puree is scrumptious in pancake and waffle batters. Finally, I plan on having a few chocolate covered straberries too.
Oh and on top of all that, we had to buy a new fridge and it was delivered yesterday. We had a very full saturday. I better get cleaning and then later this afternoon, we plan on going to two open houses to check out their floor plans.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Yummo!! Pass me some JAM!
Post a Comment